Well…what else can I say other than Sunday was a great day for Tam! Although this is a team sport, and we have an incredible assembly of riders and racers, I am very proud of your personal efforts on Sunday. Its extremely rewarding for me to see how everyone is improving during every ride and race.
- Ride-Of-The-Day: Laird Grant. After starting in poor position on the first lap he made up an incredible minute twelve seconds in his second lap, clawing his way up to 7th out of a field of 57. Thats how to race and thats how to not give up. Its not over until everyone crosses the line.
- First-Race-Race-Of-The-Day: Isaac Cohen. Taking a few thoughtful pre-race laps both the day before and on race day along with asking lots of great questions Isaac pulled two solid laps with a much quicker second lap and a little left in the tank after the race. (per Coach Paul his orders were to ride within himself and finish a clean, no crash race) Mission accomplished. With his track experience Isaac will be putting up some impressive results in the coming races.
- Step-Up-Race: Ryan Mullen moved up an impressive four positions from last race but will be looking forward to pipping his nemesis from Salinas who beat him by just one second.
- Team-Within-The-Team: The Sophmore squad is shredding it up and not looking back.
- Individual-Rider-Standings: Dominik Cinka, 1st place Sophmore D1…’nuff said.
- Christy and Greg Allen: Post race food accommodations. The chili and cheese hit the spot. Thanks for the support!