Hi riders and ride leaders,
Our first ride will be Sunday November 4th at 9:00 AM. We will start at Tam High School, from the back parking lot off of Almonte.
YOU MUST BRING ALL COMPLETED FORMS TO RIDE (OR BEFORE) IN ORDER TO GO WITH US.
Things to bring:
Your bike in decent running condition. If you are not sure about your bike, you have a couple of options:
1) Bring it to any bike shop for a tune-up/check over.
2) Bring it to Tam Bikes. Tell them you are from the team and they will perform a safety check over with minor adjustments for $20. If your bike needs more work or replacement parts there will be a 20% discount for the team.
3) If the first two options don’t work for you, please send me an email at Den AT tamhighmtb.com and let me know what your situation is. If enough of you need help getting your bikes going, I may hold a free clinic in my garage to go over your bikes, and make sure they are working properly.
– Proper clothing. Check the weather and dress accordingly. Layers are recommended. Jersey with pockets for your extra layers also recommended. Don’t plan on tying anything to your handlebars.
– Water Bottle(s)/Hydration Pack. An easily carried snack, or energy bar is also a good idea.
– Helmet. I also strongly recommend eye protection and gloves.
Our first ride will take us out to the Tennessee Valley horse stables. At the stables, we will head part way up Marincello trail so Christy and I can get a quick evaluation of everyone’s fitness. From there we will have two options: Many of us will turn around and head out to Tennessee Beach, then return to the school.
Anyone who is up for it can continue to up Marincello, descend Bobcat trail, and return to the stables via Miwok and Old Springs – then back to the school.
If we have enough ride leaders, we can have additional options, such as earlier and later bailouts. Plan on 2 to 3 hours for this ride.
Ride leader volunteers. Please contact me so I can get an idea how much help we will have. Den AT tamhighmtb.com